He provides advice to companies on aspects related to compliance of corporate and financial obligations in Bolivia. He has experience in the negotiation and execution of complex commercial contracts, in M&A transactions, and in corporate governance. Within the arbitration department, he provided advice in arbitration proceedings at national and international levels, including complex investment arbitration cases involving the State of Bolivia.
During 2016, he worked as a foreign associate in the financial law department of the firm Uría Menéndez, in Madrid, Spain.
- Universidad Privada Boliviana, La Paz, Law Degree (Summa Cum Laude);
- Harvard Law School, Massachusetts – United States, LL.M in Corporate Law and Governance;
- Universidad Real de la Cámara Nacional de Comercio, La Paz, postgraduate studies in commercial and investment arbitration.................
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- Admitted to practice of law in the State of New York
- New York State Bar Association - NYSBA
- “The Corporate Governance Review”, 5th, 6th and 7th editions (2015, 2016, and 2017), Business Law Research – coauthor of the Bolivian chapter.
- “Advertising Law Book”, 2015, Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance GALA – coauthor of the Bolivian chapter.
- “Nueva Ley de Conciliación y Arbitraje en Bolivia. ¿Más lejos o más cerca de la ley modelo CNUDMI?” – in the book “Visiones sobre la Conciliación y Arbitraje en el Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia”, 2015.
- “Mergers & Acquisitions 2017” 6th edition (2017), Global Legal Insights GLI – coautor of the Bolivian chapter.
- “Can Bolivian state-owned companies submit to international arbitration? Analyzing Bolivia’s intricate legal framework on foreign investment” in Investment Treaty News, a magazine of the International Institute for Sustainable Development IISD, 2017.
- Frequent columnist of the online legal magazine “Lexlatin” at www.lexlatin.com
Universidad Privada Boliviana – UPB, La Paz, Bolivia
- Adjunct professor for undergraduate courses (from 2014 to present date) Courses: Civil Law II and III (Obligations - Contracts) Lectured classes of between 10 and 23 law students, was responsible for course content and structure (for a total of 288 academic hours).
- Adjunct professor for postgraduate courses (2015) Course: Introduction to Business Law Lectured a class of 21 graduated lawyers, was responsible for course content and structure (36 academic hours).