He worked in several international arbitrations including cases before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (IACAC) and the Permanent Court of Arbitration. He was in charge of several successful negotiation processes with the Bolivian State emerging from the expropriating of foreign investments in electricity, mining and hydrocarbons industries. He was in charge of the negotiation of complex loan structures between multilateral credit institutions and Bolivian companies. He was in charge of negotiating amendments to the gas supply agreement with Brazil, between YPFB and Petrobras.
- Universidad Católica Boliviana, La Paz, Law Degree;
- University of Dundee, United Kingdom, Postgraduate studies in Oil and Gas Law;
- Harvard Law School, Massachusetts – USA, Postgraduate studies in negotiation.
Admissions and memberships
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Ministry of Justice
- International Bar Association (IBA)